Michelle Parsons Kelley is a Special Counsel attorney with Richardson Plowden, practicing in the Columbia office. She focuses her practice on general litigation and appellate practice. Her experience includes premises liability, federal 1983 actions, personal injury, products liability, transportation, dram shop, and government entity defense litigation.
Ms. Kelley's experience includes:
- Former Assistant Attorney General for the State of South Carolina, prosecuting insurance fraud, direct criminal appeals and post-conviction relief
- Presenting oral arguments to the South Carolina Supreme Court and South Carolina Court of Appeals
- Presenting more than 250 post-conviction relief hearings before South Carolina circuit courts
- Clerking for the South Carolina Court of Appeals, South Carolina Senate, and Office of the Governor
During law school, Kelley served as the Teaching Assistant for Judge C. Tolbert Goolsby, Jr.’s undergraduate course “Introduction to Legal Method.” Kelley also served as an associate editor and contributing author of the South Carolina Journal of International Law & Business. Additionally, she studied transnational dispute resolution at Gray’s Inn in London.
- South Carolina Federal Credit Union: Supervisory Committee Member
- State Workforce Development Board: Governor Appointed Board Member: 2013-2019
- South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce Review Committee: Governor Appointed Committee Member: 2016-2018
- University of South Carolina My Carolina University Awards Committee Member
- South Carolina Commission on Women: Governor Appointed Commissioner 2010-13; Chair 2012-13
- South Carolina Bar Cinderella Project: 2008-14; Midlands Chair 2010-12; State Chair 2012-14
- American Mensa
- Columbia Capital Rotary Club 2009-2015
- The Junior League of Columbia: Public Affairs Team 2010-2015