R. Wilder Harte
R. Wilder Harte is a shareholder of Richardson Plowden. He joined the Firm in the Columbia office in 2017. He is a member of the General Litigation Team, and his practice includes civil litigation defense, including automobile negligence and commercial transportation claims, premises liability cliams, products liability, dram shop, and electric and gas utility claims.
Prior to joining Richardson Plowden, Harte served as an Assistant Solicitor for the South Carolina Second Circuit Court Solicitor's Office in Aiken County, Barnwell County, and Bamberg County, South Carolina. In 2015, he received the J. Strom Thurmond Award for Solicitor of the Year in the Second Circuit. From 2013-14, Harte served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Perry M. Buckner. While in law school, he also clerked for another law firm in Columbia, and worked as a clerk for the Federal Public Defender's Office, District of South Carolina.
He earned his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2013, where he was a member of both the Mock Trial and Moot Court Bars. Harte earned his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Wake Forest University in 2010.
Harte is a member of the South Carolina Bar, the Richland County Bar Association, and the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association (SCDTAA). He is also an active member and former chair of both the South Carolina Bar's Publications Committee and the Lawyers' Fund for Client Protection.
- Member, South Carolina Bar
- Member and Former Chair, SC Bar's Publications Committee
- Member and Former Chair, SC Bar Lawyers' Fund for Client Protection
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Member, Richland County Bar Association
- Member, South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
Awards, Honors, Accolades
- Robert T. Bockman Award, 2013, USC School of Law
- First Place Team, 2011, USC School of Law Mock Trial Competition